ActInSpace NZ is over for 2018 – stay tuned to find out more about how the winning team from Christchurch does in the international finals, and about the next global ActInSpace event in 2020.
Thanks for signing up to be a participant for ActInSpace NZ 2018!
There are a few things we need to know from you before the big day:
- What size t-shirt would you like? And would you like a straight or curvy fit?
- Do you have any dietary requirements?
- Do you have any venue requirements? e.g. accessible bathrooms
- Are you a visionary, hustler, hacker or designer?
- If you are under 18, do you have permission from your parents?
If you have registered for ActInSpace NZ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the answers to the above questions.
Also please be aware that there will be videographers and photographers at ActInSpace to document the event and for promotional purposes. Thank you.
NO LONGER APPLICABLE: T-SHIRT ORDERS HAVE NOW BEEN PLACED. PARTICIPANTS WHO REGISTERED AFTER THE DEADLINE OR WHO DID NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN TIME WILL RECEIVE ONE OF OUR EXTRA T-SHIRTS IN MEDIUM OR LARGE.
We have two types of t-shirts available for ActInSpace, the Staple, or straight fit and the Wafer, or curvy fit available in a range of sizes from extra small to 3XL.
ActInSpace NZ will be providing dinner, breakfast, lunch and healthy snacks during the event. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know so that we can cater for everyone.
The venue for ActInSpace is the GreenHouse in Christchurch. We want to make this as open and accessible event as possible, however we have some accessibility limitations with the venue. If you have any venue requirements, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can accommodate you.
Are you a visionary, hustler, hacker or designer?
One of the keys for a great hackathon team is a diversity of expertise. We’d like to know what type of person you are to make sure we have teams which include visionaries, hustlers, hackers and designers:
- Visionary – I see what the future could be and have great ideas about how to make it happen
- Hustler – I can build relationships and influence people to make a vision a reality
- Hacker – I look at a vision and work out how we can prototype and gain customer feedback
- Designer – I walk in the customer’s shoes and work out the look, feel and taste of the vision
Please let us know which of these descriptions best suits you.
If you are under 18, do you have permission from your parents?
There may be some participants who are under 18 years old. If you are one of them, your parent or guardian MUST email email@example.com to say that they know you have signed up to the event, that it is a 24-hour event in central Christchurch and that there will be alcohol present on site (although not supplied to anyone under the age of 18). Parents and guardians are welcome to be present for all or some of the event if they wish.