ActInSpace is an international innovation contest uniting over 60 cities, across five continents. Organised by the French Space Agency (CNES) and sponsored internationally by Airbus, ActInSpace is a truly international event, bringing together entrepreneurs, students, job seekers, developers and creatives worldwide.
For 24 hours, teams come together to work on real-life challenges alongside business mentors and technical experts and to imagine and design innovative services and products that find every day uses for space technologies or data.
And that’s just the beginning! The winning team will be sent to the international final in France to present their project to an international jury of experts on technology transfer and business development. All teams with promising projects will go on to receive guidance from ESA’s Business Incubation Centres and partner incubators to accelerate their project and turn their idea into a real company.
What are our goals?
- We want to make people dream bigger and develop their entrepreneurial spirit, especially young people
- We aspire to show people just how amazing the space sector is and how it can positively impact on our daily life
- We’re driven to demonstrate the social-economic potential of the space sector and its ability to boost startup creation
- We look to build a bridge between civil society and space agencies to make patent licensing more accessible
- We believe in #WomenInSpace and want to encourage people from diverse backgrounds to start technical companies
ActInSpace is supported by ESA and the ESA Business Incubation Centres network. ESA BIC Sud France, led by Aerospace Valley, has been mandated by the CNES and ESA is in charge of the operational execution of ActInSpace 3rd edition.